S$14000 - S$18000 per month
about 1 month ago
AWS Cloud Systems Design, APAC -Director Level
Volt is partnering with a leading, multinational technology business which operates in 9 countries and has in excess of 17,000 employees globally.
Due to rapid growth and the company's further expansion, the role of Cloud Systems Design, APAC at Director level for APAC has been created, to be based in their Singapore HQ which serves as a regional office.
The position will require you to drive architecture of the end -end AWS solution including migration and optimization, regionally in APAC and drive the automation and digitalization of future capabilities of the solution using AI capabilities. The solution will extend to support from 7 million up to 25 million subscribers
Responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible to review/optimise the current application design across the APAC AWS platform for applications and recommend optimal solution(s) ensuring maximum leverage of AWS products
- You will provide expert advice and consultancy to internal teams on application/micro service designing for UI, Business APIs, monitoring on micro services, alerting lambda tasks using AWS tools
- You will interact with the Development, Security & DevOps teams (across multiple geo locations, vendors and FTE) daily and ensure technical commitment for successful delivery of micro services (serverless) across APAC
- You will research on new/cost effective services and features launched by AWS (on a regular basis) and apply them across implementations in APAC
- You will work closely with business stakeholders to determine and understand the current and relay the design and solution to the development teams
- Bachelor's degree. AWS certification preferred
- At least 12+ years of system design experience in both on-premises and cloud-based large scale web applications
- At least 6+ years plus strong experience in application technical design on these AWS services such as EC2, ECS Tasks, Lambda, SMS, SES, Aurora MySQL, AWS API Gateway, CloudFront, S3, Redis Cache, Kinesis, Cloud Watch.
- Working experience in CI/CD using Jenkins, Ansible, Spinnaker, AWS Cloud formation etc., on both Serverless and Server based cloud applications.
- Knowledge of multi-tier architectures across multiple technology stacks such as Java, J2EE, web servers, caching, application servers, RDBMS/NoSQL: MySQL, Dynamo DB.
- design experience to understand current application/micro service design limitations of existing applications and come up with better design in terms of performance, stability and reliability.
- Experience in leading and collaborating with global teams across regions.
- Strong understanding of business and technical requirements and cognizant of enterprise architecture.
- Experience in designing hybrid application architecture and multi-cloud application architecture
- Good English Verbal and written communications skills
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Anju Lagah on +65 6701 1504 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.CEI Reg. Number R1219693 (Anju Lagah).