S$5500 - S$7500 per month
6 months ago
Database Administrator - 12-month contract - Singapore (Immediate Vacancy)
One of Singapore's largest and most prestigious organization is now looking to hire a Database Administrator. This self-starter will be working closely with Application Development Team and internal and external customers. Therefore, this individual is passionate about what he/she does and in return, you're in for great career advancement within this well-respected organization in this IT game!
Your responsibilities include improving OS performance and ensure the optimization of response time in the processing environment. You are familiar with restarts, recoveries and reconfiguration procedures, collecting data from the Ops team and Supplier to identify and rectify system errors. Backed with your experience, you advise on technical support to the internal and external customers and audit exercises based on the requirements.
On the other hand, you are a natural leader and is willing to participate in problem and change management process to evaluate changes and manage migration projects to ensure quality delivery of services is met.
In Summary -
- At least 5 years of experience in managing RDBMS and Degree in Computer Science or relevant fields
- Preferably an individual who has dealt with a broad range of platforms which includes Oracle, MS SQL, UNIX, Wintel or DB2
- Experience in supporting Veritas or Log Shipping
- A people person who can work well in teams as you will be working closely with the Apps team following providing of technical support and implementation of DEV, UAT, PROD and DR for all database systems
- An agile thinker who is a brilliant trouble-shooter and get things going
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Rosette Chong at +65 6701 1513 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1658433 (Chong Xinmei).