S$16000.00 - S$240000.00 per month + bonus + benfits
3 months ago
The Director of Medical Affairs will be responsible for providing medical and scientific leadership and support for company programs in various stages of clinical development, as well as for approved products across the region. The Director of Medical Affairs will supply high quality internal expertise to senior management and will support Marketing, Medical Education, and Business Development in the assessment of new opportunities.
The Director of Medical Affairs will directly lead a small medical team in Asia Pacific and will provide strategic and operational direction to grow the team in line with scientific and business objectives.
- Provide high quality clinical input in disease-specific strategy plans, as well as publications, educational materials, study protocols, steering committee and advisory board meeting objectives, Medical information letters, commercial planning, and on scientific educational grant requests and patient advocacy grant requests
- Recruit and manage a regional Medical Science Liaison (MSL) team and country medical teams
- Responsible for supporting clinical affairs in the planning and timely execution of Clinical Development studies, within appropriate standards for compliance, quality, timeliness, and budget
- Support review and clinician interaction in investigator-led clinical studies
- Provide high quality medical opinion to cross-function company teams
- Conduct advisory board and steering committees meetings
- Collaborate with company colleagues in other regions to define, guide and execute regional strategies and tactics according to corporate objectives.
- Track Medical Affairs activities and performance against goals/budget
- Partner with global medical on developing a timely publication strategy
- Interaction with key stakeholders, as a therapeutic area medical strategy expert, including thought leaders, learned societies, public bodies and policy makers
- MD or PhD with postgraduate specialization in Infectious Diseases/ Tuberculosis
- Industry experience of 8 or more years strongly preferred, with emphasis on experience across Asia Pacific countries and in particular China.
- Experience in the conduct of clinical trials preferred
- Proficiency in critical data review and interpretation
- Excellent analytical and interpretative skills and ability to develop and translate medical affairs strategies into actions
- Matrix and direct leadership of cross-functional teams
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including facilitation of interactive discussions and presentations to large and diverse audiences, including thought leaders
- Customer focus and credibility with customers
- Cultural sensitivity, international experience and more than one spoken language are advantages
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Jochen Surrey on +65 6701 1516 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1878834 (Jochen Nico Surrey).