We are working with a rapidly expanding, acquisitive FinTech which is headquartered in Singapore and has regional offices across the globe. It's a well-established business which is going through a period of growth, on the back of which a new role has been created for a Head of Engineering.
We are looking for a talented, experienced leader who will head up the global engineering team and take responsibility for maintaining and expanding the company's core platform.
Reporting to the CTO and working closely with the leadership team, this is a global role which will require a balance of hands-on technical expertise, the mentorship and management of the engineering teams and guiding the direction of the platform.
The successful candidate will be responsible for multiple services and APIs communicating with each other, connected to hundreds of partners globally and for ensuring that the platform continues to deliver world class performance to customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading, developing and growing a globally distributed team of engineers.
- Managing, maintaining and upgrading the core platform in a highly available environment.
- Implementing software engineering best practices, including high velocity DevOps.
- Defining the engineering roadmap, strategy and execution.
- Evolving a CI/CD environment and participating in code review.
- Keeping up to date with new technologies, innovations and trends and applying them where necessary.
- Working closely with the product and BD teams to help define future product features.
You will ideally hold a post graduate degree in Computer Science or a related field, possess at least 9 years of experience, a minimum of 5 years of which has been in a similar role, managing regionally distributed teams and supporting large scale systems and APIs.
Deep experience in designing and developing web services and REST/JSON APIs is essential, whilst previous exposure to setting up DevOps and establishing CI/CD within a cloud environment is a distinct advantage.
We are looking for a strategic thinker who is creative in the design of new solutions and architectures and who has a track record of building scalable systems and growing large engineering teams.
In return, you will be working in a fantastic, expanding organisation which has a collaborative, open and rewarding culture and which prides itself on enabling employees to fulfill their potential and make a difference.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Will Russell on +65 6701 1502 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1109294 (Russell William Edward Hamilton).