My client is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of complex medical devices and equipment and are expanding in Singapore. Intending to make Singapore a regional hub for R&D and Manufacturing, they now seek an experienced Head of Facilities to join them.
- Global Name in Medical Devices
- Attractive package
- Strategic Leadership role
- Assume responsibility for strategic planning and operational maintenance of facilities including clean rooms
- Ensure maintenance of all facilities equipment and systems (HVAC, exhaust air systems, electrical distribution, purified water systems, compressed air, plumbing and sanitary, fire protection systems)
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
- Provide advice and technical help to enable staff to interact with and work effectively within the buildings by being proactive and pre-emptive in addressing and resolving issues in a timely manner
- Execute large and small capital projects as part of firm expansion, process improvement
- Ensure that regulatory compliance requirements such as those from the FDA, OSHA, EPA and all local governmental bodies are rigorously adhered to in conjunction with input from Regulatory Compliance, Quality Assurance and SHE functions.
- Enhance and/or create, where necessary, effective programs to promote maximum facility availability, capacity, productivity, and elimination of waste.
- Manage the creation and review of site services and facilities operation procedures and policies.
- Collaborate with counterparts at other sites to promote shared best practices. Communicate on-going concerns around facility, purchased services, pest control and energy saving to take advantage of the economies of scale
- Ensure consistent cGMP practices and to ensure that shared business systems and procedures meet goals and objectives
- Perform daily inspection of the facility and ensure that issues are rectified or resolved in a timely manner.
- Ensure that preventive maintenance and calibration of all equipment and carried out accordingly.
- Provide 24/7 support, as and when required, in responding to equipment failure, out-of-spec conditions or other emergency situations
- Support and oversee project management for the facility refurbishment, renovations, maintenance records, operating utility costs, lease and lease design adjustments with landlords within the rented areas/building.
- Develop and implement the strategies in facility management to achieve the cost and quality objectives, this could include energy efficiency optimization.
- Plan and manage facility central services such as security, cleaning, waste disposal and parking
- Ensure compliance with the legal requirement on occupational safety, health and environmental and industry regulations in the rented areas/building
- Prepare, track and manage the facility budget, ensuring costs remain within OPEX and CAPEX allowances
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical, Marine, Electrical/ Instrumentation or Chemical Process engineering with at least 10 - 15 years' experience in Facilities and Utilities Operation/Management. Experience in plant start-ups and strong safety organization is an added advantage.
- Strong background in building services, contract management and M/E systems
- Extensive experience in the operation and maintenance of site services like space planning, office modifications, landscape, transportation, catering, cleaning, laundry, minor site improvement projects, etc.
- Experience in SAP Maintenance Program, project start-up and safety practices will be an added advantage
- Prior working experience in a GMP environment will be a plus
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills and persistence to resolve outstanding issues.
- Knowledge of industry standards, building codes and safety standards
- Experience with greenfield/brownfield sites will be a plus
- Ability to work independently and deliver projects/tasks on time and within budget.
- Strong leadership and customer service skills, attention to details, accurate and thorough.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).