6 MONTH CONTRACT.....
VOLT Singapore are looking for an HR Manager to cover a 6 Months Maternity cover contract. This role will likely not be extended due to the nature of the cover.
Being the sole in-country HR for Singapore office, this role will serve as a key HR Business Partner to the regional offices.
Reporting to the Head of HR based in London, the incumbent is responsible for providing HR operational support on HR topics across countries such as Singapore, London and the US.
In addition, act as a backup and handle travel arrangements and office administration tasks in the absence of the Office Support personnel.
Managing employee life cycle - Attraction, recruitment, onboarding, development, retention and offboarding
- Support regional offices on end to end recruitment process from conducting initial screening and interviews, liaise with recruitment agencies and hiring managers, interview co-ordination, references checks and contract issuance
- Perform on-boarding activities e.g. new employee checklist, conduct first day orientation and other on-boarding administration with the support of other departments such as IT and Admin
- Handle employees offboarding process
- Recommending appropriate learning and development needs as and when required
Compensation and Benefits for the regional offices
- Compile payroll instructions and work with payroll vendor to ensure timely and accurate pay runs and annual income tax submission
- Co-ordinate and ensure delivery of people projects as required e.g. salary review, bonus payment
- Liaising with brokers from SG/UK/US on employee insurance and medical claims matters
- Activation and de-activation of employee medical insurance
- Analyse/recommend and ensure timely annual renewal of employee insurance policies
- Collate and compile HR related costs to facilitate monthly HR Cost Allocation reporting
- Gathering of data and providing input for mandatory government surveys such as MOM's quarterly labour market survey
- Take on the role as host country primary contact in Singapore for all expatriate relocation matters and ensuring compliance with company expatriate policy and practices.
HR Operations & Ad Hoc Duties
- Manage application, renewal and cancellation of work passes and related passes
- Responsible for timely and accurate execution of CPF, government-claim submissions such as NS, Maternity and Childcare claims
- Update and maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel information and files i.e. Master Report,
- Support employee leave administration and monitor leave policies to ensure relevance and compliance for SG/UK/US
- Administer and process any training requests and submission of training grants and maintain training records
- Other HR projects as assigned
Office Administrative Duties
- Back up support for travel arrangements, front desk duties and office other administration in the absence of the Office Support personnel
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Human Resources or related disciplines
- Relevant work experience in MNCs
- Prior experience on regional HR best practices will be a plus
Knowledge and Skills
Knowledge of Microsoft Office application
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Time and priority management skills
Pleasant personality and able to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels
- Being hands on and ability to multitask and handle a diverse workload independently
- Good team player with a positive mindset
- Ability to exercise discretion and capacity to handle private and confidential issues
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Julia Rowan on +65 6701 1526 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1436123 (Julia Kay Rowan).