S$4000 - S$5000 per month
6 months ago
My client is a world leader in the medical devices space and now seek an experienced Lab Technologist to support NPD projects by carrying out product testing
This candidate will have responsibility for all areas of the laboratory, with a focus on mechanical and functional testing.
- Assume responsibility for all areas of the laboratory, with a focus on mechanical and functional testing
- Work closely with all NPD project teams, as well as NPD Quality and NPD Regulatory functions and third party suppliers in order to better define testing parameters and procedures.
- Support new product feasibility and design verification activities in the laboratory by carrying out product testing (mechanical and functional), measuring, recording and analyzing results.
- Manage the storage, distribution and disposal of samples entering the laboratory.
- Ensure laboratory is well-stocked, resourced and that key items are clearly and correctly labelled and calibration and servicing of lab equipment is carried out in accordance to protocols
- Ensure safe removal of laboratory waste in accordance with the necessary protocols.
- Establish and manage key interfaces with third party suppliers
- Create technical documentation as required for laboratory processes, including safety documentation and work instructions/protocols
- Comply with all HSE and quality policies and procedures as required by job function and completes all required HSE and quality training.
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering or equivalent with at least 5 years' experience in a laboratory environment with recent experience of product testing activities including mechanical testing for medical devices or equivalent
- Experience in establishing and maintaining lab safety documents and lab management activities, such as consumables ordering and inventories.
- Stronghold in writing and following test procedures and test method validation
- Ability to use MTS and/or Instron test machines.
- Prior knowledge of Mechanical testing and behaviour of polymeric and/or metallic materials.
- Experience in sample management, equipment calibration and servicing.
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings for fixtures fabrication.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).