S$8000 - S$9500 per month
11 months ago
My client is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of complex, precision measurement equipment and now seek an experienced individual to lead the mechanical team in implementing innovative solutions.
- Lead and direct engineers in design and validation for proof of concepts, functional models, qualification of components and sub-modules prior to production releases.
- Lead design reviews and follow up on generated recommendations and action plans
- Establish product design and development objectives to devise related strategies and milestones
- Produce cost effective designs and meet overall product specifications and project goals
- Drive entire Mechanical development from concept to production and lead overall mechanical design work in a cross functional team with, manufacturing engineering, electrical and software engineering
- Lead in new design concepts, design of unique components in opto mechanical, electro-mechanical and dated sub modules, related assemblies (thermoplastics, metals, rubber etc.) to lead in support product life cycle activities
- Execute work performance appraisals of engineers, determine goals and objectives to implement and monitor opportunities for improvements
- Create documentation such as engineering drawings BOMs, technical specifications, test & risk management reports & design review protocols
- Work closely with multi-discipline groups (Production, Procurement, Quality) and external partners
- Lead and engage in technical negotiations with vendors and advise on DFM & DFA processes for assembly manufacturability
- Work with a multi-functional and international-oriented global development teams using structured product design methodologies
- Review design of experiments that involve statistical tools and techniques to confirm analyses and ensure conformance to product specifications
- Lead, coach and foster development of technical staff and implement organization goals
- PhD or Masters in mechanical engineering or equivalent with at least 10 years in product design and technical management experience in a related field
- Experience in precision engineering design, application mechanical design processes
- Proven ability to lead and direct engineers in design and validation for proof of concepts
- Stronghold in detailed drafting (GD&T), tolerance loops analysis, CAD creation & CAD data analysis.
- Experience with manufacturing methods and processes related to metal die-castings & related precision machining, injection moulded thermoplastics & rubber
- Experience with precision opto-mechanical assembly design experience is an added advantage
- Proven ability in working closely with internal multi-discipline groups and external partners
- Comfortable with overseas assignment (about 3 months)
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).