We are working with a rapidly expanding, acquisitive FinTech which is headquartered in Singapore and has regional offices across the globe. It's a well-established business which is going through a period of growth.
Scope - Permanent opportunity to be a part of their engineering team , As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be focussed on developing , promoting DevOps tools , , processes and methodologies whilst building on his/her existing back end development experience.
Seeking a candidate having a strong global understanding of technology and systems (development, APIs, databases, AWS cloud services, scalability, monitoring, processes, …) and solid experience with highly available platforms and applications.You will be responsible for deploying, automating, maintaining, troubleshooting and improving the systems that keep our backend infrastructure running smoothly. The role requires you to have a strong hands-on technical experience and a can-do approach towards environment automation and continuous improvement, working with global and remote teams.
Current Tech stack - Our main tech stack consists of PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Perl (Mojolicious and Dancer2), Go, NodeJs, Vue.js, uWSGI, Docker, Nginx/Apache
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing our AWS cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production systems.
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines) using Jenkins, Gitlab.
- System troubleshooting, and problem solving across platform and application domains and coordinate the efforts with the rest of the team
- Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Develop and enhance our monitoring capabilities across applications and APIs using tools like Grafana, Prometheus,
- Analyse code and communicate detailed reviews to development teams to ensure a benchmarked improvement in applications
- Actively collaborate with team members to improve the company's engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security.
- Actively participate in development efforts of backend related systems
- Create and promote development guidelines and rules across teams (development, operations, infrastructure, integration, …)
- Monitor and assess new technologies
- Mentoring other team members to bring up their skillset
What we want from you:
- Development: 5+ years' experience as a backend developer, experience in designing, integrating, developing web services and REST/JSON APIs
- Database: Hands on experience with relational and non relational databases
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a highly available environment
- AWS: experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- Containers: experience with Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Scripting Skills: scripting (e.g. Python, PERL, Bash, ...) and automation skills
- OS: User usage of Linux and command line, system administration is a plus
- Experience with different monitoring tools
- Problem Solving: Ability and curiosity to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Preetika Bhatia on +65 6701 1523 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1767372 (Bhatia Preetika).