My client is a world leader in the manufacturing of complex chemicals and active pharmaceutical products and now seek an experienced Process Improvement Engineer to improve plant equipment performance
- Assume responsibility for engineering maintenance, equipment and utilities repair and upgrade for the entire manufacturing facility
- Troubleshoot and provide technical support to a team of maintenance and calibration specialists
- Ensure apprpriate upgrade and optimization of all plant based equipment
- Provide technical expertise in Maintenance, Electrical and Instrumentation to Project Engineering Team and deliver projects within specified timeframes
- Create preventive maintenance procedures and practices to comply with regulatory codes, specifications, standards and corporate guidelines
- Work closely with Maintenance and Reliability Engineers to establish predictive maintenance program for facilities such as Thermal Scanning (IR), Ultrasonic, Vibration Monitoring etc.
- Increase the mean time between failure (MTBF) and reduce mean time to repair equipment by identifying and eliminating recurring issues
- Implement continuous improvement project (Kaizen) and initiate change request to optimize maintenance and calibration activities
- Review engineering specifications and design modification proposals to improve reliability
- Coordinate with MRO storeroom personnel to maintain proper stocking levels of parts and equipment to provide maximum equipment uptime
- Represent Maintenance and Calibration team as the subject matter expert (SME) during health authority inspections
- Comply with all Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) requirements while demonstrating a continuous improvement mindset and behaviours
- Degree or Diploma Mechanical, Marine, Electrical/Instrumentation or Chemical Process Engineering with at least 8-10 years' experience in a pharmaceutical/process plant
- Hands-on maintenance, instrumentation and electrical engineering working experience in Pharmaceutical or Chemical manufacturing industries
- Strong knowledge in E&I and calibration
- Strong background in Operation and Maintenance of equipment and instruments in the production and utility area.
- Experience in setting up SAP Maintenance Program, spare parts store, project start-up environment and safety procedures
- Excellent computer skills (CMMS software, spreadsheets etc)
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills and communication skills
- Strong concept of cGMP in area of Maintenance and Calibration
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).