S$5000 - S$7500 per month
2 months ago
My client is a world leader in the R&D and manufacturing of complex optical equipment and laser devices and now seek an experienced R&D Laser Engineer
- Develop and evaluate manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; and soliciting feedback from operators.
- Resolve daily issues that impede fulfilment of production orders.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout
- Plan and implement projects that apply a systematic approach to problem-solving for processes, newly manufactured laser systems
- Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; and validating manufacturing processes.
- Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Incorporate optical, mechanical and electrical sub-assemblies into systems unit with test
- Utilize beam expanders, lenses and mirrors to achieve desired system specifications
- Verify laser beam quality using energy meter, burn paper, electrical multi-meter and vision system analysis
- Effectively apply statistical process controls (SPC) to monitor, analyse and refine processes to reduce variability
- Define key parameters to be monitored based upon criticality to system performance
- Apply optical analysis tools, i.e. ZEMAX, to determine where a design element, test, or technique is incorrect
- Assume responsibility to train production and technician staff when a new laser sub-system (considered of a laser, beam-forming optics and polarization components) is introduced
- Provide immediate response to technical issues on a system-by-system basis
- PhD in Optics, Laser, Physics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with manufacturing laser systems and assembly and test of electro-mechanical and electro-optical systems
- Expert knowledge of solid state and amplified lasers
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Deep knowledge of precision optics including lenses, polarization optics and equivalent
- Experience with beam propagation measurement (ModeMaster, Spiricon M2-200, BeamScan)
- Familiarity with SPC tools for process monitoring
- Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and electrical wiring diagrams.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).