S$6000 - S$9000 per month
3 months ago
My client is a world player in the optics and equipment industry and are going through a period of rapid R&D expansion and now seek an experienced Research Scientist
- Assume responsibility for the design of mechanical structures, modules and fixtures to support advanced laser and harmonic generation system
- Address and resolve product issues through the entire product phase
- Responsible for the complete design process - conceptual and detailed design, driving requirement specification, feasibility studies, detailed GD&T, analysis testing such as fluid, thermal, vibrational and FEA modelling, procurement of prototype parts, assembly, testing and troubleshooting
- Liaise closely with cross functional department (optics, laser system, electrical) to ensure continual and flawless integration and system and subsystem levels
- Manage suppliers to ensure all design requirements are specified and achieved
- Carry out operational and non-operational testing - thermal, vibration and shock
- Overcome design challenges such as vibration isolation, thermal stability design, precision and reliable mechanism design, design for photo contamination control etc.
- Degree/Masters/PhDin Mechanical Engineering with 8 - 10 years' experience in an R&D and manufacturing environment
- Excellent proficiency with CAD, Pro-E, SolidWorks etc.
- Strong mechanical engineering fundamentals, including design principles, machine elements, materials, and fabrication methods
- Experience with opto-mechanical systems, thermal and vibration control, design of laser structures
- Stronghold with thermal/structural analysis and fluid flow modeling
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).