S$6500 - S$8500 per month
10 months ago
My client is a world leader in the photonics and equipment space and now seek an experienced R&D Engineer to study the interaction mechanism between photons and materials and their applications under high power UV light exposure
- Provide guidance and leadership in surface analytical and data analysis and ensure extraction of clear results and conclusions from data sets.
- Strategize and initiate actionable plans by analysing data and discussions with SMEs
- Liaise closely with material research scientists, optics engineers and systems engineers to ensure the feasibilities of new material and processes
- Understand interaction mechanism between photos and materials and applications to photo contamination, photochemistry, material selection under high power UV exposure
- Implement controls via materials selection, cleaning processes and purge control.
- Establish the reliability model of optics under UV radiation conditions.
- Provide guidance to R&D engineers to meet reliability and performance specs of next generation sub-systems
- Guide the design teams on proper contamination control packaging/materials selection
- Conduct laser damage test and analysis as needed for bulk optics, nonlinear optics, coating improvements and supplier qualification
- Masters or Ph.D. in Physics, Optics or equivalent with at least 5 - 10 years' experience
- Strong fundamental knowledge in chemistry, material science and surface science
- Solid understanding of interaction mechanism between photos and materials
- Knowledge of GCMS and other surface analytical techniques (SEM, TOF-SIMS, ICP-MS, AFM) a plus
- Experience in setting up optical bench for conducting opto-electronic measurements
- Prior knowledge in optics damage testing and optical coatings will be a plus
- Ability to make project decisions based on based on optical fluence models to set purge gas requirements and select optics, opto-mechanics
- High proficiency in experimental and data analysis, demonstrate the ability to extract clear results from complex data sets.
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).