Effective Date: September 29, 2016
Personal Information the Company Collects
In the course of its business, the Company collects personal information, which was given to or made available to the Company for an intended business function or purpose. The information may include a name combined with a unique identification number, including a social security and/or national identification number, home address, mailing address, e-mail address, social media identifier, driver’s license number, birthdate, country location, personal home, or cell/mobile telephone number(s), historical work or education information, compensation/benefits/pay rates, bank account information, pricing, medical or claims information and/or performance data (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Personal Information”).
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Personal Information is used in connection with the Company’s business, including providing services to our employment candidates, employees, customers and for other lawful purposes. The Company does not disclose Personal Information except in the following instances:
- With the subsidiaries and affiliates within the Company, as needed;
- With your express consent;
- Where permitted and/or required by our customer/client agreements, including for billing purposes;
- To facilitate job opportunities for our candidates;
- With third party entities, vendors, consultants, agents and/or other service providers engaged to handle or manage some or all of the Personal Information on our behalf, who shall be required to protect Personal Information from dissemination and/or use;
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss and/or when reasonably necessary to an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activities;
- When required and/or otherwise permitted by law;
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If you are a customer/client, the Company may share information with third parties, such as with a credit bureau or agency; and
- In connection with any merger, the sale of Company assets or acquisition of all or a portion of the Company’s business or with respect to any Company financing.
Data Processing Outside Your Country
We may transfer your information and process it outside your country of residence to wherever Company or our clients or our third party data processors operate.
With respect to Personal Information associated with individuals located in European Economic Area (EEA) countries (“EEA Data Subjects”), the Company complies with the Data Protection Directive 95/46/ec as amended.
To the extent that Personal Information of EEA Data Subjects is transferred to the United States of America, the Company complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Information transferred from the EEA to the United States. The Company remains responsible for personal information that is shared under the Onward Transfer Principle with third parties for external processing on Company’s behalf.
Notice of material changes to the use or transfer of your Personal Information incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected will be provided through our website or by other means so that you may review the changes before you continue your relationship with the Company. If you object to the changes, you must notify of us of your wish to sever your relationship with the Company; otherwise, your continuance of the relationship after the notice means that you are consenting to the changes.
In compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles, the Company commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our collection or use of your personal information. JAMS will be the US-based independent organization responsible for reviewing and resolving complaints about our Privacy Shield compliance. We ask that you first submit any such complaints directly to us via Ciso@volt.com. If you are not satisfied with our response, please contact JAMS at https://jamsadr.com/eu-us-privacy-shield. In the event your concern still is not addressed by JAMS, you may be entitled to binding arbitration under Privacy Shield and its principles.
Solicitations and/or Marketing Contacts
The Company does not sell, convey and/or communicate customer/client, business associate, supplier, vendor, employee and/or candidate Personal Information to third parties for purposes of direct mail, telemarketing, and/or related promotions,solicitations or marketing contacts.
Management of Personal Information
The Company uses a combination of reasonable security technologies, policies and procedures, and non-disclosure, confidentiality and/or other forms of agreement(s) to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. In the event that local law in the country of disclosure or use of Personal Information is more stringent than the requirements set out in this policy, local law will prevail over this policy to the extent necessary to meet the requirements of that legislation.
The Company, in its sole and absolute discretion, reserves the right to supersede, modify, supplement, replace or eliminate this Policy, which shall be effective upon publication on the Company’s website.
Requests to access and to make changes in Personal Information
Volt Information Sciences, Inc.
1133 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036
Attn: Vice President, of Accounting Operations and Risk Management