S$6000 - S$9000 per month
2 months ago
My client is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of complex, precision optical components and now seek an experienced Optical Coating Thin Film Engineer to join them
- Assume responsibility to implement optical coating design strategies and oversee operations to meet client needs for customised optical components
- Develop and implement coating designs and processes to optimize efficiencies and minimize costs
- Optimize chamber configurations for deposition of optical thin films
- Provide technical support in maintaining coating operation and train technicians in operation of precision optical coating processes.
- Maintain documents and records of processes and procedures relevant to the design, development and production
- Provide technological advice to customers and assist technical marketing via authoring of papers, patents, or other external media
- Advanced Degree (Masters/PhD) in Physics, Optical Sciences, Material Sciences or equivalent with at least 10 years' experience in optical coating or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of the science involved in the deposition of thin films onto optical surfaces.
- Experience with optical principles, optical design, coating design, and optics manufacturing
- Familiarity with TfCalc, Flimstar or OptiLayer
- Expert level knowledge in Optical Coatings, Optical Design, Optical Fabrication, Optical Physics and Opto-Mechanical principles
- Knowledge of optical industry products, coating machine suppliers, coating technologies such as IBS, APS, and magnetron sputtering
- Effective at communicating technical data across cross functional team
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).