My client is a leading name in the optics and laser industry and now seek an experienced R&D Laser Engineer
- Define required laser specifications and design and optimize laser system for inspection tools
- Evaluate laser requirements and translate them to sub-system laser specifications
- Modularize laser concept and Implement features and controls to improve the optical performance and laser stability
- Evaluate various laser architectures to select optimum concepts suited for product divisions
- Allocate correct error budgets for important Opto-mechanical sub-assemblies
- Perform simulations, modelling and analyze the laser stability and reliability with designed tolerances in place
- Implement features and controls to improve the optical performance and laser stability
- Study the major technical risks and come out with feasible risk retirement plan
- Based on the defined laser specification, allocate correct error budgets for important Opto mechanical sub-assemblies
- Perform simulations, modelling and analyzing the laser stability and reliability with designed tolerances in place
- Perform reliability test for critical laser crystals and components, such as CLBO, BBO and coated optics
- Liaise with cross functional scientists and engineers (laser, optical, mechanical, and electrical and software) during the prototype laser development phase and involve in their Opto mechanical module specification definition and design reviews processes.
- Work closely with related strategic suppliers to ensure the product delivered can meet the expected performance.
- PhD in Physics, Optics or equivalent with 8 - 10 years' of experience
- Strong experience with solid state laser cavity design and nonlinear frequency conversation
- Prior experience with optical modeling and simulation tools, such as Zemax
- Experienced with solid state laser cavity design and nonlinear frequency conversion
- Proficient in system level laser performance studies
- Prior experience in designing a complex laser system / optical subsystem
- Stronghold with utilization and characterization of harmonic generation crystals
- Strong proficiency with experimentation and excellent troubleshooting and data analysis skills
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).