S$6000 - S$8000 per month
about 1 month ago
My client is a world leader in the design and manufacturing of complex polymer and elastomer-based products and now seek an experienced R&D Engineer
- Assume responsibility for polymer and rubber synthesis, new product development and functional coating evaluation
- Lead product design, new material formulation, testing, and design control for new product concepts and new technology scouting to deliver innovative engineering design for surgical products
- Evaluate novel, alternative, synthesis or characterization of raw ingredients, chemicals and technologies for product development
- Manage lab scale evaluation to prove commercial value of new concept/ material
- Act as principal investigator for collaboration projects with external research institutes or vendors
- Establish collaboration model and relationship with external research institutes or vendors (IP collaboration, technology licensing etc.)
- Collaborate with R&D counterparts in Asia to maintain and fulfil the Design History Files record upkeeping and Design Control requirements.
- Develop intellectual property protection for key innovations.
- Advanced Degree in Materials Science/Polymers/Chemistry or equivalent with at least 7 years' experience in an R&D environment
- Prior product development and R&D expertise on elastomeric materials, performance coatings/rubber gloves or equivalent will be a big plus.
- Experience with glove manufacturing will be an added advantage.
- Exposure to analytical and Laboratory skills for characterizing polymers and evaluating reaction results.
- Travel of about 10 - 20%
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).