S$85000 - S$100000 per annum
3 months ago
My client is a world leader in the R&D and innovation of complex equipment with several R&D centres across the world. They now seek an experienced R&D Systems Engineer (Electronics) in their Taipei office
- World Leader
- Key member of NPD Team
- R&D Environment
- Lead the design and development of test and measurement handheld and infrared camera and optical products
- Understand product definitions and translate to technical requirements
- Lead the entire product development process from concept and feasibility through production and assume responsibility for sustaining engineering after product launch.
- Liaise with Product and Project Management teams and R&D teams to define overall product architecture (electrical, electronics, mechanical, and firmware) & system requirement
- Assess early feasibility of implementation, follow through with detailed design, and bring the device from concept to production.
- Develop the main and peripheral board of the system and design low-level schematics with industry standard tools
- Review and direct Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout and electrical simulations
- Work with internal and external resources on system bring up, design validation, debug and failure analysis at the development phase including factory prototype build
- Advanced Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- 10 - 12 years' experience in the design and development of high speed digital and/or analog boards and systems.
- Experience with schematic symbol creation, schematic design, and board design.
- Prior experience with handheld product design in consumer, commercial, or industrial segment.
- Stronghold in SoC/MCU/Chipset, memory, interfaces such as SPI, I2C, UART, DC/DC converters, power management, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, sensor design, signal integrity and Analog/RD
- Experience in working at a lab-based environment (soldering, oscilloscopes, data acquisition).
- Working knowledge in the integration of accelerometers, gyros, magnetometers, and cutting-edge sensor technology
- Knowledge of environmental sensor algorithm design (temperature sensor, humidity sensor etc.) will be a plus
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with mechanical, software, electrical engineers and project managers
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to generate technical reports in English
- Understanding of entire product development process with a focus on DFM and DFT
Please send your resume in WORD format by clicking the apply button below or contact Abhik Damani on +65 6701 1527 for a confidential discussion. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CEI Reg. Number R1544061 (Abhik Damani).